COCONUT CAY RESORT AND RV PARK POLICIES
Pets are welcome! Please keep your best pals on their leash.
- For late arrival arrangements or to request changes to your reservation, please contact our Reservation Department at (305) 289-7672
- Refunds will not be granted for no shows or for early departure.
- Check-out time at 11 a.m. Check-in time is 3 p.m.
- Late check-out is available (subject to availability) for an additional fee. Advance arrangement (prior day, please) with the registration office is required.
- RV guests arriving after hours must contact the registration office by 5 p.m. to make special arrangements.
- Maximum 6 guests per site.
- Sites are limited to one (1) RV; one (1) car; and one (1) golf cart. Boat trailers should be parked on your site also. Off-your-site trailer parking is limited to monthly boat slip space holders only and will be assigned by the office.
- Guests bringing boats will need to register their vessel with the office and be assigned dockage (additional cost). Boat trailer parking is at and within your site only.
- Golf carts must be registered with the office and bear a resort registration sticker during the duration of your stay. Drivers must possess a valid driver’s license and be at least 16 years of age.
- Wading pools, hot tubs, fountains, ice makers, fencing, clotheslines, storage or open trailers, excessive outdoor storage, fish cleaning, pet pens are not permitted at sites
- Canopies must be collapsible; cannot exceed 10’ X 10’, and only one (1) is permitted per site.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. No generators may be run onsite. Music may be enjoyed but must be contained in your site. Violation of this rule may result in immediate removal from the Resort. Please be considerate of your neighbors.
- All visitors must register with the registration office upon arrival identifying the site they will visit and the period of time they will be in the Resort. Visitors are the responsibility of the guest they are visiting and are required to observe all of the Resort rules. Visitor parking is within guests’ sites or in the limited spaces provided at the front of the park. Please do not park in adjacent sites even if they are empty. If someone is checking in to that site and we cannot locate the car owner, a tow company will be called.
- Parents and/or Guardians are responsible for the safety and actions of their children (aged 12 and under) at all times. Children must be accompanied by an adult in all amenity areas, with particular emphasis on pool, beach, and water areas. Children must be at the site by 10 p.m.
- No illegal, noxious, or offensive activities shall be conducted at any site, nor shall anything be done within the Resort which is or could become an annoyance or nuisance to neighboring sites. No guest shall permit noise, including but not limited to: barking dogs, generators, excessively noisy air conditioners, stereo amplifier systems, television systems, or power tools that would unreasonably disturb guests at other sites.
- Smoking is prohibited in al resort buildings, including restrooms, laundry rooms, and the pool area. Smoking material must be extinguished in an appropriate fire container. The use or possession of illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages shall be in compliance with applicable Federal laws.
- Upon vacating your site (including reserved stay completion, county enforced mandatory evacuation or eviction), the site must be entirely cleared of all items. All utilities must be disengaged and secured, and sewers must be capped. Any items left behind will be disposed of at additional charge to guests.
- The following are grounds for reservation termination and eviction from the Resort: Loud noise, use of foul or indecent language, causing damage to property of the Resort or another person, drunken or disorderly conduct, failing to follow park policies, failing to follow directions of the Resort staff, threatening or abusive behavior or any other conduct that is not the type of behavior that is expected in a family Resort.
- Guests are responsible for any damage or destruction of property, and any injury to persons, caused by the guest or his or her family, visitor, or pets. The Resort reserves the right to charge guests accordingly for any damage to the grounds and/or Resort facilities, including but not limited to broken waterlines, damaged/missing sewer caps or connections, cable lines, landscaping, and excessive debris (bottle caps, zip ties, cigarette butts, etc.).
- Litter is offensive to your fellow resort guests as well as to our environment. Please take the time to place your garbage in the provided containers throughout the property. Please do not put fish carcasses in the garbage containers. Thanks and Enjoy Your Visit!